Psoriasis Atherosclerosis Cardiometabolic disease Initiative (PACI) Design*
- Fluorodeoxyglucose (FDG) Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Computed Tomography (CT), FDG PET Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Coronary CT Angiography with calcium score
- Tissue samples:
- Skin biopsy to understand your psoriasis
- Fat biopsy to understand its makeup (to assess diabetes risk)
- Tradiational cardiovascular markers: cholesterol, glucose, inflammation markers
- Novel: Cholesterol function (HDL efflux), inflammation proteins in the blood
* Patients are eligible if 18-70 years old with plaque or pustular psoriasis.
** Patients can opt out of any tests at the screening visit but if the PET CT is not completed at imaging visits, participants are excluded from the ongoing study.
*** Patients also return during a flare of psoriasis once during the study period to repeat all procedures from visit 1.